SATURDAY, SEPTEMBER 21, 2019
9:30 A.M. – 5:30 P.M.
Our exciting sessions this year will be as follows:
- "Many Authors, Unified Voices,” with Laura Cameron
- "Preserving the Narrator’s Voice in Memoir, Personal History, and Creative Nonfiction: The Push & Pull of Correct & Respect,” with Julie McDonald Zander
- "Holding Space: The Importance of Helping African-Americans Heal through Storytelling,” with Christy Abram
- "Technical Editing for Science and Engineering: The Art of Translating Technical Topics into Clear Language,” with panelists Hannah Garrison, Kristen Legg, and Marcy McAuliffe, moderated by Jennifer Koogler, and organized by Mike Maisen
- "Inclusive Language in Medical and Technical Editing,” with Jess Gee
- "Tweet This, Not That: How to Write and Edit for Social Media,” with Alysha Love
- "How Many Words in a Picture? Editing Graphic Novels,” with Christina Frey
- "Conlangs: Languages with Stories to Tell,” with Sea Chapman
- "Working with Independent Authors,” with Tanya Gold
- "Macros 101: Work Smarter, Not Harder,” with Amy J. Schneider
- "Proof Your Health, Performance, and Finances: Wellness for Editors,” with K. Aleisha Fetters
- "Saving Your Voice: Freelancing Outside the Box,” with Joanie Eppinga
A collection of informal sessions will be running concurrently in one of the smaller classrooms. These offerings will feature a variety of Q&A, self-care, and small-group discussion opportunities.