What can the Northwest Independent Editors Guild do for you?
We connect you with clients.
- Online, searchable member directory, the Northwest’s most complete listing of professional editors
- Online job board
- Online information resources that attract clients to the directory and job board
- Guild presence at writers’ conferences and other events where clients congregate
We connect you with colleagues.
- Friendly networking at bimonthly meetings
- Casual coffee hours
- Resource sharing, support, and humor on private listserv (guidelines here)
- Opportunities to meet others and develop new skills via volunteer committees and projects
We provide you with career-building resources.
- Expert presenters at bimonthly meetings
- Biennial conferences (and member discount)
- Opportunities to teach and speak among colleagues and clients
- Online notes and videos of past meetings
- Online information and resources for career-building
- Discount on The Chicago Manual of Style Online
We ensure that the Guild’s spirit of community can continue and expand over time.
- Maintain healthy administrative and financial capacity
- Comply with nonprofit legal responsibilities
- Expand vision and programming in a sustainable way
- Promote and encourage member engagement and initiative
In return, you accept the following responsibilities:
- To maintain high standards in the editorial profession
- To respond helpfully to small requests for information or advice from other members
- To share job leads (by referring clients to our online job board or member directory)
- To promote the Guild’s activities and help when able